Social Icons

Sunday, September 30, 2012

[WIP] MG Destiny Gundam Part 1

After seeing some awesome works of Destiny Gundam on the net, including the winning piece from SG Mid Year Challenge 2012, I decided to do some work on my snap fitted Destiny, more of detailing it.

Start from top to bottom. First up is the head. Nothing much done, except extended the back using pla plate and epoxy putty.

The upper torso looks quite plain, added pla plate pattern to the top and scribed panel lines at the side. Panel lines scribed on the shoulder pieces as well. Also, extended the waist by about 3mm, some internals of the torso exposed (no pics to show this).

Well that's all from me for now...

Saturday, September 22, 2012

MG Shenlong Gundam EW

3rd completed Gundam Wing kit, MG Shenlong Gundam EW. Took me about 1 week to complete it right after I've finished the MG Wing Gundam EW.

Straight OOB build, simple paint job with some shading. Reflective foils used for the head sensors.
Paints used:
Blue: Cobalt Blue (add white for shading)
Red: Super Italian Red (add white for shading)
Yellow: Orange Yellow
White: White + tiny bit of blue
Grey: Neutral Grey + White + Black Surfacer

Monday, September 17, 2012

MG Wing Gundam EW

Just completed my 2nd kit from the Gundam Wing EW series, MG Wing Gundam EW. First completed one was the MG Deathscythe EW which can be seen here.

Just a simple OOB build + seamline removal, only did some mods to the wings to seperate for easy painting. I focused more on the paintjob for the kit, going for the shaded look.

Paints used:
Blue: Cobalt Blue + White + Fluorescent Pink (add more white to shade)
Red: Super Italian Red (add white for shading)
Yellow: Orange Yellow
White: White + Cobalt Blue (over grey base coat)
Grey: German Grey + White

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

VP Akatsuki

I'm calling this kit done! I wanted a super clean look so didn't do any panel lining and only added 2 decals to the shoulder and front skirt.
Dragoons were all super-glued so they can't be removed. Gave overall a mist of gloss coat to kinda blend things together.
Not the best finishing I would say, the gold paint really brought out even the tiniest bit of surface imperfection that wasn't seen after priming. Can notice quite a number of them if u look at the model like from 5cm away

Anyways paints used:
Gold: Gaia Starbright Gold over Gaia Black Surfacer Evo
Bronze: Gaia Starbright Gold + Gunze Orange
Candy Red: Gunze Clear Red over Gaia Starbright Gold
Grey: Gaia German Grey + some White

Thanks for looking! Comments and critiques welcomed!

Monday, September 10, 2012

[WIP] 1/100 VP Akatsuki Part 3

Continued working on this kit. Painted the other colors.

I decided to go with a candy red using clear red over the gold for the feet parts. Also mixed orange with gold to get that bronze color on some areas.
Encountered some problems when masking where the masking tape pulled off the all the paint including primer, no choice but to sand off and repaint those areas.

Face piece painted as well. Candy red for the 'chin', green for the eyes. Used a blue foil sticker for the head sensor as area too awkward for painting.

Brush painted the grey parts for the resin hands, smaller in size compared to the original hands.

Still left to touch up the dragoon pieces, panel line, decal and top coat and I'm done!