Social Icons

Friday, February 22, 2013

MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom

Finally done with this project for an online group-build, after rushing through the final procedures.
Then it was announced that the deadline was extended..... Oh well///

Paints used:
Blue - Cobalt Blue + White + Fluorescent Pink
White - Off White + Cobalt Blue + GX White
Yellow - Orange Yellow
Red - Red Madder
Grey - Black + White + Neutral Grey
Metallic Green - Clear Green over Chrome Silver base.

Enough talk, here are the pictures of the completed kit.

And my failed attempt at the classical wing zero custom pose.....

[WIP] MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom Part 2

Some updates on this kit...
Panel lines done.

Did not like how the rubber parts turned out after painting as lots of dust particles on it. So stripped the paint off and redo.

In the meantime, decals for the other parts... then flat coated everything including the repainted rubber feathers.

After flat coated...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

[WIP] MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom Part 1

Took part in an online group-build in December 2012, been working on and off on this kit.
Deadline of the group-build is the start of March, so I suppose I don't have much time left.

A sneak preview after painting... Should be able to finish in time if everything else goes well.

Started off with snap-fitting the kit, and playing around with the poses (I'm bad with poses).
Clearing of seamlines on the head, shoulders, ankles. Huge seamlines on the rifles and wings, horrible filling and sanding experience.

Primed and pose. Seamlines on the rifle all cleared nicely.
Actually this kit was left in the primed state sitting on my desk for a good few weeks, until I noticed spider webs on it.... LOL

Dust off the webs, check for spiders, and off to the painting stage.

Decided to do some shading on the wings, base coat of dark grey and paint white. Guess I overdid the white and somehow covered the grey base coat. Shading not very obvious, but can tell that it's there I think.
As for the other parts, I did not do any shading on them. Just pure saturated color.

Couldn't resist fixing them up after letting the paint dry for a few hours.
Lousy lighting as photos taken at night.

Retook photo again with daylight. 
Lack of attention to the Strike Freedom in the background...