Social Icons

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

[WIP] 1/100 VP Akatsuki Part 1

Exams almost over, but already starting on my next project!
Kit: Vicious Project Akatsuki resin conversion
Recasted by: Super-G
Base frame: MG Strike Gundam (I'm using the launcher strike version, no difference)

Big box with lots of parts, a teeny weeny decal sheet, colored instruction manual (poorly printed).
Total: 93 parts, include parts for both the Owashi and Shiranui packs

First thing to do is to wash the molding grease off the parts. I soak them in chlorhexidine (its main purpose is to kill bacteria not to clean resin, but it does work fine) solution overnight, use a toothbrush to scrub every angle and surface.

Start of with the torso area, requires some cutting of the inner frame to fit in the resin pieces. Waist area still uses the Strike's frame but waist armour pieces replaced except for the rear armour.
Shoulder pieces simply replaced with the resin parts. Whole of lower arm replaced as well, lousy fitting in this area, seems like the resin parts shrunk leaving quite a huge gap in the middle.

Head replaced with resin Akatsuki head (5 individual pieces), alot slimmer than Strike's head.

For the leg region, thigh, lower leg armour, ankle joint and front feet replaced with resin parts.

I will be doing only the Shiranui pack, so only tackle those parts. Massive full resin backpack and heavy with 7 dragoon pieces, not sure whether the Strike's frame is able to take the weight.

Did some dryfitting while removing the nubs. Looking good already!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

NG 1/100 OO Raiser

Finally I'm done with this build. Got the decals a few days ago, panel-lined and flat coated the kit.

Paints used:
Blue: Cobalt Blue + White + Fluorescent Pink
White: White + Grey
Grey: German Grey + White
Red:  Madder Red
Yellow: Orange Yellow
Clear Parts: Clear Red/Green over Gun Chrome

Group Shot, missing Exia and Exia R2....

Thanks for looking! Comments and Critiques welcomed!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012


One of my 2012 resolutions is to complete 1 FSS kit and so, work began on this kit.
Been working on it for the past week or so, try to do a few pieces a day (doesn't take up much time)

As this is my first attempt on a full resin kit, might have some mistakes with my procedures.
Started of with assembling the large parts (Head, body and legs). Double pin for extra support. At first I used only 1 pin which I think wasn't strong enough, so added a second pin.

Front and rear 'skirt' pieces do not have enough space for pinning, so temporary attached with blu tack.
Those multiple 'things' in the background also go onto the waist but also do not have enough space to pin, might have to source for a finer drill bit and thinner metal rod.

Back to the feet, double pin in the high heels.

The signature long 'feeler' of this kit. As the whole thing is only supported by the front area, added 3 pins to support. Size comparison with NG 1/100 OO Raiser in the background.

The arm pieces and shoulder armour. Quite tricky pinning and fitting the armour joints to the internal frame (Need to match the angles of the front and back pieces).

Will continue updating this post until whole kit dry fitted.
Thanks for looking!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

[Review] FSS L.E.D MIRAGE B4

Open box review of L.E.D MIRAGE B4 (Kneeling). FSS kits are very unique in terms of their design (slim waist + high heels). This was my first FSS resin kit which I bought a few years back, was attracted by the huge sword, pose and the hot pink color scheme!
Of course, it's a recasted version. Unlike the other resin kits I did which were conversion kits, this is a full resin kit meaning pinning is required and end pose is fixed.

Box cover, just a simple white cardboard box with a picture stuck on top of it. Nothing fancy.
Contents are covered with bubble wrap for protection.
Things included inside are:
- 1 reference photo of completed kit.
- 1 instruction manual A4 size printed on both sides and folded.
- 4 packs of the resin parts

Contents removed from bags and counted (my fav part).
Total of 65 parts, nothing missing.

Even though the box might seem plain, casting seems to be quite good!
Tons and tons of detail on the inner skeleton parts captured nicely, except for the warped sword handle which can be easily fixed.

Here's what the end product will look like (hopefully).....

Thanks for looking!